Everyone will love these beef wraps! Change the salsa to suit, or try avocado in place of the corn kernels.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
2 thick-cut beef rump steaks (about 250g each)
1 small avocado
1 tbsp mayonnaise
270 g can corn kernals, drained
1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely chopped
snow pea sprouts and warmed flour tortillas to serve
- Brush the steaks lightly with oil and season with a little sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Preheat the barbecue flat-plate to hot before adding the steaks.
- Cook the steaks on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn steaks once only. Test the steaks for the degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
- Remove the steaks from the heat, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 2 to 4 minutes before serving. While the steaks are resting, mash the avacado with the mayonnaise. Combine the corn, capsicum and spring onions.
- Slice the steaks thinly and evenly accross the diagonal. Spread the warmed tortillas with mashed avacado and top with slices of steak, corn salsa and sprouts.
- A great all rounder, rump steaks are good value. They're lean, full-flavoured and perfect for barbecuing.
- Best beef cuts for barbecuing: fillet/tenderloin, rib eye/scotch fillet, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, T-bone, and rump.
- Only buy steaks of an even thickness, not wedge shaped - this way they'll cook evenly.
- Always heat the barbecue before you add the steak. The steak should sizzle as it makes contact with the heat.