This marinade is also great on barbecue pork forequarter chops or pork steaks!
Prep time 30 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 600g diced lean pork (topside)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
Tomato Chilli Jam
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked
- Combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, coriander, salt and pepper in a glass bowl.
- Add the diced pork to the marinade and marinate for as long as possible, up to 12 hours.
- Thread 3-4 marinated pieces of pork onto each of the skewers.
- Preheat a griddle pan or BBQ on medium to high heat and cook skewers for 4-5 minutes turning and basting frequently. Remove and allow the skewers to rest in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for chilli jam in a small pan and cook, stirring over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes until the jam is thick and syrupy.
- Serve skewers on a large serving platter with chilli jam on the side.
(Recipe and photo thanks to Australian Pork)